Software download and upload

jroode

Hi,

I just had my Dynon D100 with AP74 installed. If I want to upgrade the software how exactly do I do that?

Do I download first to my laptop. The plug my laptop into ???? to upload??

Thanks
Jan

bmarvel

Jan:

The short answer is yes, you download the latest software package to your laptop, take it to the plane and then upload it into (in your case) the D-100.  Whoever installed the D-100/AP-74 should have provided a com port into the D-100 for sofware updates.  The Dynon sofware is excellent about telling you on the computer screen exacty what to do, what to have powered up, etc.  You almost can't make a mistake.  Since you have an AP-74, you have at least one servo and maybe two.  These and the AP-74 receive their software updates through the D-100.  Other boxes have their own dedicated com ports but that does not apply to your installation.

That said, take some time to look at the Dynon web site regarding how to do this installation.  You want to be familiar with the procedure before you get to the airplane.  Trying to read it real time while doing the installation is just asking for trouble.  

Bill Marvel
Dynon flying in RV-8A
Dynon installation underway in Zenith 801    

N439AT

Hello,
My installation includes a D180, AP74, two servos, and a D100 all successfully communicating via DSAB.  My laptop communicates with the D180 com port successfully.
My question is, to upgrade to the new 5.3 software, can I upgrade  all of the equipment thru the D180 com port, or do I need to do the D100 seperately?  If the D100 has to be done seperately, I will need to disconnect it from the network and install a 25 pin D-sub with connections to the data pins.
Tony

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Each screen needs to be updated individually, though the servos and AP74 will take their updates through the DSAB master (probably the D180). If case you have the harness we sell, you already have a 9 pin serial port on the D100 harness.