Software Release 4.0

N930RV

Dynon Support,
 I see that the new user's manual is available which is for software version 4.0.  
Question, when is the software version 4.0 expected. In addition to the DSAB bidirectional communication, what other significant enhancements will we see? ;)

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It being evaluated by our test team as we speak. We're not too far off, but don't have a firm date set yet.

n2prise

What new features will release 4.0 offer those of us not planning to get the HS-34.  I have seen the new 3.0 provide an interlock with the knob on my GI-106 as I change the bearing on that display.  I had the GI-106 before the new screen was introduced for my D-10A.

I really like the new course indicators on the bottom of the main screen!  All the features for my GPS 296 and SL-30 work very well.

Jerry K. Thorne
East Ridge, TN

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We'll release an exhaustive list of all the new little things once the download is up (which is soon!), but the main feature is "full DSAB". In other words, and EMS and an EFIS connected together will no longer need the serial ports connected, just the DSAB wires. Also, all features/functions/behaviors will work across units in 4.0. This includes things like OAT, lean mode on an EMS, info items on an EFIS, and more. Just about anything that doesn't involve the setup of a unit will transfer across DSAB.