Something I just do not understand

6adan

I love flying!
When wiring the pitch and roll servos the diagram says the twisted wires can share wires at any point. Now my question is how dose the SV know which servo to tell to go up or down or left or right? I just can't wrap my head around this.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Option 1: MAGIC! ;)

Option 2: Each servo has it's own serial number, so the screen can send a signal to each servo individually even though they share wires. When you are done with the install, SkyView has you move the controls in a specific order, and that lets the system "see" which servo moved when you moved pitch and it remembers that serial number as the pitch servo and same for roll. The servos know their position and report it back to the screen so the software knows anytime you move the controls even if the servos are not engaged.

6adan

I love flying!
Thank you, now maybe my head won't explode trying to figure it out.  :cool:

dbwindom

RV-8
This info won't sell many SkyView Hubs or splitters, but I wish I understood how easy it was to "tap into" existing wires before i ordered my Dynon setup.  It would have also eliminated some difficult, redundant multi-strand wire pulling through circuitous conduits.  Just sayin'…. ::)