Standby Network Error - Data 2 Pair (Pins 4 and 8)

DHeal

After 10 years and 1,400 hours of excellent performance (Skyview in RV-12 ULS) I am suddenly receiving intermittent "Standby Network Error" warnings. Drilling down I get "#5 - Skyview Network Connection Fault - Data 2 Pair (Pins 4 & 8)". The warnings occur seemingly in a random manner every few minutes or so and last for about 15 - 45 seconds. There are no apparent corresponding anomalies on any other instruments or systems. Any suggestions as to where/how to troubleshoot this issue?

ps - The only thing I touched just before these warnings started was the replacement of my headsets (LS Zulus) and I had a straight-forward bi-annual transponder check. I can't imagine that these actions are related to my issue?

Rhino

Go to the network status page to determine which device may be causing the error, and check the connections and wiring to that device first. Unfortunately, pins 4 and 8 get duplicated all over the system, so you may have to check a bunch of places. It's quite common to have connection and/or wiring problems over time. Might just be a loose connector.

Also, view this thread: