start up time on the skyview

dakdriver

I love flying!
A new install. Its been in a couple of days and i have started the set up procedures But...
When I power up the aircraft the Skyview starts screen lights up and sits there I push button 1 and it still sits there.
If I select 7 and 8 together sometimes the screen will go into setup then I can get started
I have waited over 3 minutes and ended up doing a screen dump to try to restart.
Button 1 has not worked on start up from day one but it works for a power down.

I don't know what the normal time frame for start up is, but my D10 which I have kept as backup is almost instant just a few seconds and I am away.

So my question is

What is the normal startup time?
Thanks

dakdriver

I love flying!
x2

I am interested in the answer also.
I don't know for sure but I think I may have push button one several times before it had time to set up.
The first time it worked I selected button 1 and did a couple of other things in the cockpit when I looked back it was going through the setup to start.
So from then on I have just selected button one and waited for it to do its thing. it now starts within 30 seconds

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
SkyView should start when the master starts providing power. If it doesn't, there might be something going on there.

Boot times are <30 seconds for most displays in the field, although recent hardware changes we've had to make due to global supply chain issues have lengthened that a bit, and the splash screen comes on a bit later than it used to. We're hoping to improve that behavior in future software updates.