Strange AP74 and HSI observations

DBRV10

I have been helping a local fellow with his D100/AP74 setup today and most things now work properly, with a couple of exceptions. this may be due to the Apollo 360 GPS :-/

Serial data is coming to the D100, we get Magenta on the HSI

We get DTW and TRK data appearing at the top of the HSI.

We get the YELLOW Bearing Indicator pointing to the destination but we do not get the Magenta Course Indicator or a CDI.

On the AP74 we can not select the NAV mode nor the TRK mode, heading and altitude work fine.

We can select via the D100 keys the TRK mode only. And the unit flies the bugged GPS track no problem.

Are all these issues because the Apollo serial data sentences are not giving the course and CDI?

And why would we be able to select TRK mode from the D100 keys but not the AP74.

He may just have to ditch the old Apollo. ;)

Brantel

David,

I would say this is definately because of the output from the GPS missing something..

Have you tried changing the output of the GPS to a different format or turning on additional sentences. You will need the GPS install manual to figure out how to do that.....

Good luck!

DBRV10

Agreed.

I did try the other formats, and there were no obvious menu's for sentence structures ...........and I doubt the installation manual is easy to get, I googled it and only found user manuals.

I suspect this museum piece may well be replaced soon enough anyway.

Any ideas on the AP74 not playing the game?

Brantel

I do know that one time I reset the defaults on my gps and forgot to go back and set the output back to the needed formats and when I did this, I could not enable TRK or NAV mode on the AP74. Once I fixed the GPS, everything was normal.....

I would say that once you get the correct format flowing in, that the AP74 will start to work like normal.