SV-AP-Module

AlanR

Hi can you help please. I am sure you have answered this question many times before but I can't find the answer in search.
Can you confirm.....
If I install the SV-AP module can I still install it and retain the option to use the RAC 205 stick trim buttons if I wish? In other words it then gives me an option to using either the RAC 205 buttons or the AP module trimmer whichever I feel like using at the time. Is this possible or the way it is normally installed?

Thanks,
Alan.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Alan:

Note that the front panel buttons on the SV-AP-PANEL are only for control of the AP, not trim.

The SV-AP-PANEL's trim control system takes the place of the relay deck in a typical electric trim control system. You push one of your (existing) trim buttons, a relay closes, and a trim motor moves in one direction. You push a different (existing) trim button, a different relay closes, and a trim motor moves in the other direction.

The SV-AP-PANEL's trim control system take the place of the relay deck - same buttons, same motor.

The difference is that with the SV-AP-PANEL's trim control system connected in place of the relay deck, the SkyView AP can sense trim and automatically change the trim (Auto-trim).

Hi can you help please. I am sure you have answered this question many times before but I can't find the answer in search.
Can you confirm.....
If I install the SV-AP module can I still install it and retain the option to use the RAC 205 stick trim buttons if I wish? In other words it then gives me an option to using either the RAC 205 buttons or the AP module trimmer whichever I feel like using at the time. Is this possible or the way it is normally installed?

Thanks,
Alan.

AlanR

Thanks Dynon for the explanation.
I obviously completely misunderstood the operation of the AP module trim control in my reading of the small bit that covers this in the operating manual....I am still deciding if I need to buy the AP module or not.
Thanks again,

Alan

AlanR

Dynon,
Whilst I am slowly seeing the light on the benfits of the AP module please bear with me whilst I ask for some more clarification...apologies if i am being a little thick here!

1.Auto-trim....are you saying if the SV-AP module trim control is wired in, auto trim works regardless of the Autopilot being turned on or off?...in other words if I don't wish I don't need to manually trim at all?
2. Speed scheduling...again regardless of if autopilot on or off...or only when in autopilot?

Alan

D

DHeal

A question or two regarding the SV-AP module TRIM function if installed in an RV-12:

1. With the installation of the SV-AP module, does the Van's-factory standard TRIM switch on the instrument panel continue to function as before (i.e., as a pilot-controlled trim)?
2. With the installation of the SV-AP module, does the SV automatically (without pilot input) activate the trim motor to relieve control pressures being experienced by the SV AP?

Thanks!

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Alan:

1. SkyView Auto-trim is only functional when the SkyView AP is engaged. When the SkyView AP is not engaged, you must trim manually.

2. SkyView Trim Speed Scheduling is active with, or without SkyView AP (assuming that you have configured Speed Scheduling in SkyView with the speeds / percentages per your preferences). Also, should your SkyView display fails, trim control keeps on working, but speed scheduling doesn't.

Dynon,
Whilst I am slowly seeing the light on the benfits of the AP module please bear with me whilst I ask for some more clarification...apologies if i am being a little thick here!

1.Auto-trim....are you saying if the SV-AP module trim control is wired in, auto trim works regardless of the Autopilot being turned on or off?...in other words if I don't wish I don't need to manually trim at all?
2. Speed scheduling...again regardless of if autopilot on or off...or only when in autopilot?

Alan

cmarbach

But am I right that you need NOT hook up the trim functions if you install the SV-AP control panel.