SV-AP-PANEL addition to SV D1000

Norman_Joseph

I love flying!
I have just installed the SkyView D1000 system in my RV-9 and the autopilot works through the SV Knobs and push buttons. I would however like to install the SV-AP-PANEL to make the system more user friendly. How does the SV-AP-PANEL connect electrically to the D1000? Can I just connect one of the D9 male plugs on the SV-AP-PANEL directly to the D9 plug on the SkyView panel?

Then once the SV-AP-PANEL is connected, how does it work. I see it has push buttons and no control knobs. If you press one of the buttons to select HDG does this then select HDG on one of the SV D1000 control knobs (joystick)?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Yep, all it absolutely needs is a SkyView network connection. The SV-AP-PANEL also has a full-fledged trim controller in it as well, but that's optional. See the installation guide for full details. You can download it from http://docs.dynonavionics.com.

The SV-AP-PANEL buttons basically arm/disarm different modes. Pressing the buttons on the panel are the same as using the buttons in the menu system. The up/down buttons also affect either VSI or IAS targets directly, depending on the vertical mode of the autopilot. They don't change the function of the knobs, but, in many airplanes, you basically hardly ever need to change the knob functions once you have them set up the way you like. This is especially true in two display systems or systems that also have the SV-KNOB-PANEL installed.

Norman_Joseph

I love flying!
Thanks for the reply. I have decided to buy the SV-KNOB-PANEL instead as this will free up the SkyView knobs for other modes and I will have permanent knobs for HDG, ALT AND BARO. I am hoping this will make it easier to operate, if not I could always get the AP panel at a later stage.