SV-AP Panel circuit breaker

AlanR

I am wiring a SV-AP Panel with Ray Allen aileron and elevator trim servos to eliminate trim separate trim controls or relays.
Can you confirm the trim circuit breaker value I should use for the installation please. I am slightly confused.
In the installation manual it shows Pin 9 @12v 4amps. Is that current draw or suggested circuit breaker value?
Ray Allen say their trim servos only take a maximum of 1 amp power so I was going to use a 2amp breaker for the trims. Does the AP panel really need a 4amp breaker?
Thanks in anticipation,
Alan

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Alan,
Remember, breakers protect wires, not circuits. So technically, you use whatever breaker is right for the wire size you used, not the loads. You can use a smaller breaker if you have a reason to.

That being said, the SV-AP panel supports a maximum of 4A of trim loads, which is what the manual is trying to communicate. If you are sure your trim motors never draw more than 1A each, than a 2A breaker will be fine. Remember that with auto trim, the system may run both trims at the same time, so a 2A breaker with a 2A load may trip now and then.

AlanR

Dynon,
Thats great, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Appreciated!

Alan