SV-AP-PANEL inoperative

RodDavis

I love flying!
I have an SV-AP-PANEL with my SkyView D1000 display. The autopilot functions work correctly when accessed through the SkyView menu, but the autopilot panel buttons do nothing.

The autopilot panel is detected correctly in the SkyView network, has the latest software (14.0.3.3563) and reports its status as 'ready'. The hardware cal was performed, motor 1 is configured for pitch and motor 2 is 'none' (I have no roll trim servo). The autopilot panel dims with the other SkyView components and the trim operation is fine from both seats.

Thoughts on my next troubleshooting steps?

Thanks.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The SV-AP-PANEL buttons are only active when the AP mode is set to EXPERT. If your AP mode is set to SIMPLIFIED, what you're describing is normal.

I have an SV-AP-PANEL with my SkyView D1000 display.  The autopilot functions work correctly when accessed through the SkyView menu, but the autopilot panel buttons do nothing.

The autopilot panel is detected correctly in the SkyView network, has the latest software (14.0.3.3563) and reports its status as 'ready'.  The hardware cal was performed, motor 1 is configured for pitch and motor 2 is 'none' (I have no roll trim servo).  The autopilot panel dims with the other SkyView components and the trim operation is fine from both seats.

Thoughts on my next troubleshooting steps?

Thanks.