SV-AP Panel, VP-X and Ray allen trim motrs

High_Flyer

I love flying!
Hello Dynon,
I'm building a RV-7 and I'm installing the SV-AP panel in my system.
I also have a VP-X Sport.
My trim motors (pitch and roll) are Ray allen. The Ray Allen  trim motors have 5 wires. I see in the Dynon installation manual how to connect the two white (power) wires to each servo, but nothing about the 3 other color wires for trim position. How are these three wires supposed to be connected ?
Thank you.

High_Flyer

I love flying!
OK, thank you.
Just to clarify, I did not select the option for electrim trim in the VPX planner as the trim motors are powered and managed by the SV-AP-Panel. So, in this setup I can still connect the position wires to the VPX?
Thanks.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If you wish to connect the slaved potentiometer (position sensor) on the Ray Allen servo to the VP-XX, see the VP-X documentation.

If you wish to connect the slaved potentiometer (position sensor) on the Ray Allen servo to the SkyView SV-EMS-220, see Trim and Flaps Position Potentiometers, Page 7-56 and 7-57, Revision V of the SkyView System Installation Guide.

OK, thank you.
Just to clarify, I did not select the option for electrim trim in the VPX planner as the trim motors are powered and managed by the SV-AP-Panel. So, in this setup I can still connect the position wires to the VPX?
Thanks.

jakej

If you have the position wires already connected to the Vp-X then you can leave them there despite the fact you may have disabled the trim in the vp-X. 
If using the Dynon AP Panel & wanting to use the auto trim feature then you need to connect the trim motor (2 wires) direct to it however the position sensor (3 wires) can be connected to EITHER Vp-X OR Dynon :)
HTH

Jake J

High_Flyer

I love flying!
Thank you Gents, it's more clear now.
I will connect to the EMS so it's all managed and controlled by the Skyview system.

Alain.

High_Flyer

I love flying!
Hi,
Almost one year after my initial questions I am finally connecting my trim motors to the EMS.

As a reminder i have:
2 Skyview Touch, AP module and VP-X.
As discussed before I'm connecting the Ray Allen servos to the Dynon EMS to have the auto-trim function.
Everything is connected, trim motors (pitch and roll) are working fine.
I have set up the Dynon and did the calibration to show trim positions.
The roll trim indication is fine, but the pitch trim indication doesn't wortk...
I initially did a temporary connection to check that things were working as expected and it did: trim running with trim buttons, and good trim position indication on the Skyview.
But after I finished the permanent connections the pitch indication isn't working anymore...
I re-checked all my connections and even re-did the wiring but I can't find anything wrong.
When I go in the Skyview Menu, EMS setup, sensor debug data I see that the values for pin 4 (pitch trim) don't change when I move the trim. Please refer to the screenshot.

I don"t know what to do next...

Any suggestions please.

Thanks,
Alain.

Attachments

• screenshot-FPRVZ-SN21999-14_2_1_3698-20161026-111420-643-en_US.png
    screenshot-FPRVZ-SN21999-14_2_1_3698-20161026-111420-643-en_US.png
    134.4 KB · Views: 259

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
The 5V value that you're seeing on the line likely means that it's open, ie non-connected. When you move the trim, does that number change? Compare to the roll to see what it should look like. Everything here is still pointing to the connection. You might check that your pins are fully seated in your connector.