SV Auto Pilot Power

Mark_Dickens

I have a switch on my panel for power to the servos and I just read in the documentation that if I turn the power off, SV will notice and pop up an error. Is there a way to clear that error in flight? I have the power switch as a last resort fail safe. There will be flights where I never turn the auto pilot on...is that going to be a problem for SV?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You can acknowledge the error in flight so it stops flashing. You can never get rid of the ERR messages at the top of the screen nor the SERVO ERROR message in the message system.

SkyView is designed to have the servos powered on at all normal times. They are designed to handle engine start voltage spikes, and all other aircraft power transients. We'd suggest just leaving the AP Servo switch on all the time, and only turning it off if something ever happens. It's how 99.9% of our customers do it. I never even turn my switch off during shutdown or engine start, they just follow the battery master.

Mark_Dickens

If the a/p power isn't turned on when SV is booted up at the beginning of the flight, will there be an error, or is it just when you turn it off after SV is up?