SV-GPS-2020 mounting under the cowling?

kellym

I love flying!
Hogwash. If this installation position was unacceptable, some of us would have rejected integrity reports from the FAA. I have seen no indication of this. It is possible to some degree. However, one can test the installation and decide if it is going to work on their aircraft. "Should generally means shall" sounds like a directive from a leftist party member.
Not true. All the ADS-B report tells is whether the position information and the rest of the transmission is correctly formatted has GPS integrity and generally agrees with the radar position, which is no more accurate than the nearest 1/2 mile, not the 10 meter accuracy GPS is supposed to assure.

airguy

Not true. All the ADS-B report tells is whether the position information and the rest of the transmission is correctly formatted has GPS integrity and generally agrees with the radar position, which is no more accurate than the nearest 1/2 mile, not the 10 meter accuracy GPS is supposed to assure.
And how much accuracy is the FAA requiring the device to maintain?

swatson999

And how much accuracy is the FAA requiring the device to maintain?
(c) ADS-B Out Performance Requirements for NACP,NACV, NIC, SDA, and SIL -
(1) For aircraft broadcasting ADS-B Out as required under § 91.225 (a) and (b) -
(i) The aircraft's NACP must be less than 0.05 nautical miles;
(ii) The aircraft's NACV must be less than 10 meters per second;
(iii) The aircraft's NIC must be less than 0.2 nautical miles;
(iv) The aircraft's SDA must be 2; and
(v) The aircraft's SIL must be 3.

airguy

(c) ADS-B Out Performance Requirements for NACP,NACV, NIC, SDA, and SIL -
(1) For aircraft broadcasting ADS-B Out as required under § 91.225 (a) and (b) -
(i) The aircraft's NACP must be less than 0.05 nautical miles;
(ii) The aircraft's NACV must be less than 10 meters per second;
(iii) The aircraft's NIC must be less than 0.2 nautical miles;
(iv) The aircraft's SDA must be 2; and
(v) The aircraft's SIL must be 3.
So the requirement in position accuracy is 100 meters - not the 10 that you are saying it should provide. So why again are you advocating that?

Perhaps you are addressing the wrong audience with the 10 meter thing... maybe you should be convincing the FAA that their standards are insufficient.