SV32

jethound

I have just purchased an SV32 roll servo for the right wing of my RV7, I thought it would be prudent to install this during the assembly of the wing.
My initial problem is this:
The servo arm is positioned to the left below center of the servo body.
The servo arm looks as though it is pinned and also a cotter key through the AN nut.
Am I suppose to power the servo to bring it around to the position as shown in the pictures or am I suppose to take out the Cotter Key and reposition the servo arm to the upright position that is shown in the Servo Mounting Instructions on page 5 101046-003Rev D nothing is mentioned in the instructions on how to reposition this so I can mount it in the wing correctly. If I do power it around what leads do i use not having an Dynon EFIS yet.
Thanks
Jack Hunt

horaizon

I have just purchased an SV32 roll servo for the right wing of my RV7, I thought it would be prudent to install this during the assembly of the wing.
My initial problem is this:
The servo arm is positioned to the left below center of the servo body.
The servo arm looks as though it is pinned and also a cotter key through the AN nut.  
Am I suppose to power the servo to bring it around to the position as shown in the pictures or am I suppose to take out the Cotter Key and reposition the servo arm to the upright position that is shown in the Servo Mounting Instructions on page 5 101046-003Rev D nothing is mentioned in the instructions on how to reposition this so I can mount it in the wing correctly. If I do power it around what leads do i use not having an Dynon EFIS yet.
Thanks
Jack Hunt
wowww that greatt :) :)

Brantel

Just grab the arm and turn it.....no power required. The servo is digital so no two wires powered up will make the servo move.

There is no problem turning it by hand.