Syncing Flight plan build between SkyView and Garmin GPS

chousley

In addition to HDX Skyview I have a Garmin GNC 355 GPS. Is there a way to have the Skyview and the Garmin flight plans sync to one another to prevent building same flight plan twice? To operate in a "DUAL" or FPL Sync type mode?

skysailor

If your GNC 355 is connected through the ARINC interface you will have two tabs shown in the Flight Plan. The flight plans are independent of each other and the Skyview will fly either one. You direct which one is flown by choosing it with HSI Source on the PFD. The box to the right of the HSI on the PFD shows the HSI source in use along with the name you gave it. Below the HSI source box is a smaller box showing what the RMI needles are indicating (pointer 1 & 2).

chousley

Thank
If your GNC 355 is connected through the ARINC interface you will have two tabs shown in the Flight Plan. The flight plans are independent of each other and the Skyview will fly either one. You direct which one is flown by choosing it with HSI Source on the PFD. The box to the right of the HSI on the PFD shows the HSI source in use along with the name you gave it. Below the HSI source box is a smaller box showing what the RMI needles are indicating (pointer 1 & 2).

chousley

Thanks for the reply. That is indeed the case and I can choose SkyView or other ( the Garmin) GPS source. Trying to find a way to “sync” the actual built or uploaded flight plan where the SkyView and the Garmin would both have the same flight plan in the event of failure of one or just to have ready if decided to switch the navigation source.

skysailor

I have a feature request in to do exactly what you are asking. I consider it a safety addition as well. I started a new thread describing it "Feature request: Copy flight plan". Take a look and if you think it meets your needs let Dynon know in the thread. If others read it and agree, we could see the feature added in a firmware update.

chousley

I have a feature request in to do exactly what you are asking. I consider it a safety addition as well. I started a new thread describing it "Feature request: Copy flight plan". Take a look and if you think it meets your needs let Dynon know in the thread. If others read it and agree, we could see the feature added in a firmware update.

chousley

Cool. I will review the thread and let Dynon know. I agree it is not just a convenience but an enhancement to safety.