System 3 Event

tcbc8222

I received a System 3 Event message last night. What causes these? I have searched all of the manuals I have and I don't see anything about system events and what causes them or what to do about them. Note: Plane was in the hangar and I was calibrating my AP when this item came up.

RV8JD

Best to contact Dynon Tech Support directly by phone or email. Click on their Support Contact link below:

Last edited:

Rhino

System Event 3 means there was an error that caused the system to reboot. In the past, this has several times been caused by USB devices, such as memory sticks or wifi modules, and often follows a database or software update. Maybe you just did one? Typically there's a bad sector on the drive or a compatibility issue. Often simply replacing the USB device and rebooting a couple of times clears the error. I'd go ahead and contact Dynon to confirm. May as well download your logs, because Dynon will likely request them if you contact them.

Rhino

By the way, system events are addressed in the install manual, starting on page 3-10. Don't get your hopes up though. It doesn't tell you much.