t-51 with D10A, AP71 and 2 servo's

vonbaron1

I love flying!
Hi all, Question for the group. I have installed the above items in my 51 and uploaded the firmware to 5.4.3. Updates all went in with no problems and all items were found. The thing I have in question is when the AP74 is switch on, all the back lighting comes on and when I turn on the D10A, they all go off. Is this normal? The Value Knob of the AP74 will adjust the barometer. Much to learn on the install yet but want to make sure this is how this part of it is suppose to work. The D10A does not show the AP in the lower left corner as the manual states, so something is not right yet.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Yes, the lights on then off is normal. All the lights on means it cannot yet see the D10A (which it can't because it's not on).

vonbaron1

I love flying!
Great and I have gotten down the road farther now but ran into another issue.  Did the Calibration successfully and went into the servo test.  The roll servo did move correctly during the test but less deflection then what I thought it should.  Did the pitch setup next and got full deflection like I thought it should.  Ok, something may not be right with that roll servo but went to the pitch servo initial setup next.  The pitch servo setup worked out fine.  The roll servo did not.  Centered the controls and turned the AP on and toggled to HDGON.  Little by little jerks, the stick kept moving to the left until it had full deflection.  Where do I start looking??  Was working on Pg 6-17.  Hope this makes sense..

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The servo test doesn't go for full deflection, actually. It's just verifying correct direction and that it does move the surfaces.

The other behavior is expected when the AP is turned on on the ground and the AP tries to fly the airplane but can't get anywhere. So there's your proof that it CAN get to full deflection, which, of course, in real usage life you'll never see.

vonbaron1

I love flying!
That is great to know. This means that the installation and equipment was perfect the first time around. I just didn't know what some of the results should be during the test, like how much deflection I should see. Many thanks for the help and now I can button it up.