To Those Who Think They Can't Install an EFIS

Canadian_JOY

I'm going to start this off by saying that I don't work for Dynon and had to pay full price for my EFIS-D100 just like everybody else does. OK, now that's out of the way, on to the meat and potatoes...

When I first embarked on this project I was worried about getting the installation right. After all, it's got to be mounted pretty precisely in the instrument panel. After reading through these discussion pages I found myself wondering why more folks weren't asking the "how to" questions about getting the box oriented properly. It all seemed kinda mysterious, and a little scary. I was pretty certain I'd goof it up and have to cut a new panel as a result of me doing something bone-headed.

Now that my metal-bashing is all done, I understand why there were no detailed "how to" discussion on this forum. For anybody who's looking at installing a Dynon EFIS and thinking it's too hard to do, all I can say is that it's not hard at all. A little attention to detail, a carpenter's square, a spirit level and an inclinometer are all that's required to do it right. I'm ham-fisted when it comes to metal work and I've managed to get my Dynon in so the display reads correctly. I'm somewhat amazed by how easily this all came together.

To those who think they can't install an EFIS because it's too difficult, I would be the first to say, "yes you can, and you'll be amazed by the outcome!" Go ahead, do it. It looks amazing once it's in the panel!