Top Bar Touch Not Working

Mark_Dickens

I don't know if I've somehow turned off the top bar touch function but I can't activate any of the items up there, such as transponder or the com. I used to be able to touch the transponder area and it would bring up the transponder screen as the pilot guide says it will. Now nothing happens. Is this one of the "well known bugs" or have I managed to turn it off? I've been through the setup screens a half dozen times at least and there's no setting that i can find for this. If you go to the top bar setting, all it shows is the time setting. Very frustrating

andresmith76

I love flying!
I'm not aware of any way to turn off the top touch bar function but have you tried recalibrating the touch screen by going into the Setup menu?
Setup Menu>Local Display Setup>Touch Setup>Touch Test

Andre'

Mark_Dickens

I have not tried that, but will do that. Not sure how it would have gotten "off" but it's possible I suppose

Mark_Dickens

I'm reviving this old thread. I still have the issue described above, but in trying to re-run the touch screen calibration routine many times on both screens, it fails. I'm sitting in the plane, inside the hangar and being very careful to run my finger down the little tracks, but I cannot seem to complete this successfully without it telling me that I've gone outside the test area. It's driving me nuts. Does anyone know how to reset the touch screen parameters to factory defaults? I figure that if I can reset them to what they were before all of this, maybe, just maybe I can get my touch screen to work again.

Rhino

Any menu with a resettable adjustable value should have a "default" selection. You could consider resetting them all individually before doing a full reset and reinstall of the system. You can use the standard software update process to reload the system. But you might want to alter this by changing the tail numbers on the displys back to the default setting. Having a tail number stored on one display causes any custom settings to reload from that display to a new one whenever you install a newly repaired display in a multi display aircraft. If one of those custom settings is causing your problem, you don't want it to be reloaded from one display when you reset the software on another one. See text on this starting on page 21-3 in the System Installation Guide revision AI. Or you could just disconnect one screen when you update the other. As far as forcing the system to a full, original manufactured state, I don't know how to do that.

Mark_Dickens

Unless I'm looking in the wrong places, I've not been able to find a default selection. All I want to do is reset the touch screen parameters shown in the attached. I don't want to have to reload the entire system. Is there no way to do this?

Attachments

• IMG_1284-1.jpg
    IMG_1284-1.jpg
    500.3 KB · Views: 126

Rhino

The only place you'll find default is where there's an adjustable setting. Then default may or may not appear as an option. I don't know how to do what you want without reloading the system. Dynon needs to chime in on this.

Mark_Dickens

The only place you'll find default is where there's an adjustable setting. Then default may or may not appear as an option. I don't know how to do what you want without reloading the system. Dynon needs to chime in on this.
I appreciate your help! I downloaded the config files and searched to see if there was anything there that could be reset. No luck, so I'll contact Dynon for support.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
If the touch screen test is failing, and other touch screen areas work (except for the top bar), we may need to see your display. Get in touch with our support team for further help with this. Contact info is in our signature.