Traffic not displayed, otherwise ADSb-472 working

j-red

I love flying!
I have dual skyviews, both connected to the adsb-472. Weather shows up on both, but neither display traffic. I have searched the documentation and looked at every possible setting and can't seem to find any option to turn traffic on and off. The only difference in my installation is that I have not yet purchased and installed a transponder, though the wiring is run for it when the funds are available.

I understand how the ADS-b system works, and that without a transponder I will not receive air-to-air traffic transmissions. However, I fly in an area with regular traffic which should be pinging the ground stations to broadcast the traffic in the system and I should at least be receiving this. Using portable ADS-b receivers in other planes in the past, this has always effectively provided at least a partial traffic picture.

Am I simply missing a setting? Or is this intentionally the way the skyview works so as to avoid pilots trusting a partial traffic picture?

djones

Administrator
Staff member
In traffic settings menu, set the non- Dynon ADSB out onboard to Yes, that will get you traffic when around other aircraft who are ADSB out.