TRK Mode Will not engage

DBRV10

I have assisted in another RV8 installation and this one has a Garmin Area500 and an AP74/D100 system.

The HDG mode works fine, the NAV mode works fine, but nothing will get it to work in TRK mode.

The GPS is set to NMEA and Normal. D100 has Serial set to AUTO.

Could it be the AP74 is just a bit lazy due to a fault? Or are we just incompetent and should give the game away ;)

Cheers

DB

PS......HS34 and ARINC429 is such a wonderful thing! If only this guy had all that!

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
I'm wondering about the AP74's NAV button, though it could also be a software bug. If you go through the AP menu, is TRK available there?

DBRV10

The RV8 installation with the bug does have the TRK mode available on the D100 and if selected the TRK button lights up.

Runing 5.4

My installation also running 5.4 works fine, and when using the D100 the TRK mode is not available on the D100 menu, I assume because it knows there is an AP74 fitted.

Do you think a reinstall of the 5.4 would halp? or maybe its a bug that does not affect me for some reason. I have an HS34 also, but do not see how that would affect it.

Cheers! ;)

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
David,

If TRK mode is selected on any device, all of them should show TRK.

If I am reading this correctly, the RV-8 install allows TRK from the D100, and the AP-74 button lights up, but if TRK on the AP-74 is pressed, nothing happens. It sounds like the D-100 is talking to the AP-74 and that the GPS info is getting through.

If that's so, then I suspect the AP-74 button, so we'll need to have the hardware back for a look.