Tune Funkwerk ATR833 from Database

foxbravo

Hi there!

I've hooked the serial port of the funkwerk radio to the skyview. The port is configured as Garmin SL40 and its now possible to tune the frequency from the database.
Works fine, but the top bar is crossed red, because the funkwerk doesn't output any data.

Is there any way to disable the top bar without loosing the database tune functionality?
Is it maybe possible to define own serial data devices like defining the sensor definitions file?  ::)

I'm open for any idea! Thanks

MCRider

Hi foxbravo,

how do you have to set up the ATR833 to tune in frequencies via serial interface? There is nothing in the manual...

Thanks and Regards

MCRider

knut

Hi MCRider,

I don't have a Funkwerk ATR833, but probably buy me one.

Look on page 4-11 to 4-16 on SkyView system installation guide - revision P. It describes how you connected a device (also Com) to Skyview RS-232 serial ports. For exemple, serial port 1 on the D37 harness pins 3 (RX) and 4 (TX). On page 4-16, the Skyview setup is described for Garmin SL-40.

On ATR833 pin 9 and 21 are used for RX and TX. See ATR833 Manual Page 34 of 36.

As I said, that's my theory. I have not installed ATR833 until now.

Regards Knut

MCRider

Hi Knut,

Thanks. The part I'm missing is the setup of the ATR833 (baudrate, protocol etc.)...

MCRider

knut

Hi MCRider

I received this answer to my question from the manufacturer Funkwerk

The Skyviev can, as far as I know, use the Garmin protocol and thus a connection is possible. This combination was not tested yet.
We have received the information from a major customer, we can not guarantee for this.
Moreover, it is officially not allowed to control a certified device over a uncertified device, this is just a note.

How we know, Skyview can send the data over serial connection (garmin SL40 format) to ATR833. That means, on ATR833 ist nothing to configure. Its understand the garmin SL40 format automaticly. I guess, the garmin (SL40) format (protocol) is like a "standart".

Knut

MCRider

Hi Knut,

Thank you for the information. A the moment I am redoing some of the wiring in the panel and I will add a pluggable serial connection between SykView and the ATR833 as well as between the GPSMAP 495 and the ATR833. So can try both possibilities without opening the panel again.

As soon as I have results I will post my findings here.

MCRider

scottmacintyre

Skyview Lover
I have seen a couple of mentions of frequencies being sent to the radio but no details about showing frequencies on the Skyview (which I guess needs data sending the opposite way) - above suggests this was in the pipeline. Is this now a working feature ?