Turn off VOR in Map display

mmarien

Murray M.
In the MAP SETUP menu (press and hold buttons 7+8).

MapSetup.jpg

preid

good info! I wondered the same thing (remove NDB and seaplane bases to declutter) in the past.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Actually, in 4.0 and newer, this is no longer in the setup menu, it's right on the main MAP menu.

Go to MAP -> MAP MENU -> MAP ITEMS

malko05

Hello,

I have a problem with declutter.
With skyview 5.1 software and PocketFMS database.

I cannot turn off CLASS D or CLASS E Airpsace.
I try to put OFF face in the menu MAP ITEM, but the airspace remain !! Am I the only one to have this trouble ?
Could you help me ...
Thankyou

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Is it possible that you're seeing either a CTA or CTR, not class E or D airspace? Can you take a picture of what you're seeing?

malko05

I try this afternoon, putting OFF and 50NM on the following items:
All the class D and class E airspace near Paris are under TMA item in the skyview MAP ITEMS menu with PocketFMS Database.

What I would like is remove class E airspace and leave class D, I think it is no possible. Any idea ?

malko05

Hello,

I come again to ask you about this problem:

I would like to decluter class E (and only class E) in my skyview.
Into" map items " I put class E on OFF and Class E areas are still on the map. There is something wrong in your software.
It's the same way with class D.
Either I remove the classes E and D or the two appear, ican't display only class E or only class D
Have a look on the attached file: unable to fly with that map!!!
Can you help me ?
Best regards
François Gahide

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: Re: Dynon
Date : Tue, 02 Jul 2013 21:12:40 +0200
De : François Gahide <fr.gahide@orange.fr>
Pour : marcel.knol@pocketfms.com

Le 02/07/2013 10:46, M.P. Knol a écrit :
Bonjour François,

There have, from the very first Dataset we ever built, always been Class E airspaces in there! Our philosophy is simple and safe: if it’s listed in the AIP, we put it in the AeroData.

All we do is tell the SkyView what airspace is located where – what the SkyView decides to draw and how it draws that is really not in our control!

Blue skies,

Marcel
The PocketFMS Foundation

Attachments

• P1060656.JPG
    P1060656.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 107

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So we've adjusted things over time with the way things are categorized in the map. Although I'm not sure anything changed in version 6.0, it's the latest release, and that's always a good place to start. Are you running that latest version of software?

Also, which of the colors on the display represent the airspace that is Class E in your area? There are a few different airspace classes on this picture, and I want to make sure that we're talking about the same ones.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
If it's the solid blue ones, try playing with your TMA and MTMA settings. Some of the data isn't encoded as Class E by the data provider when it's also a designated TMA or MTMA.

malko05

Thank you for your reply.

Yes that's right.

If I toggle the map item "CLASS D AIRSPACE" ON or OFF, it change nothing on the map.

If I toggle the map item "CLASS E AIRSPACE" ON or OFF, it change nothing on the map.

If I toggle the map item "TMA AIRSPACE" ON : both class D and class E are on the map, If I toggle the map item "TMA AIRSPACE" OFF, neither class D nor class E are on the map.
I want to see only class D on my map, not the class E.
I think there is a "bug", how can you fix it ??

I confirm all my system is 6.0.0.1641

Thank you for your help.

malko05

Hello

My question is very simple.I must declutter class E in my Skyview.If not, enable to use Skyview map in France with too much Class E.
Help me please
Thank you

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So from the technical side of things, the issue here is that some airspaces are encoded two ways in the Pocket FMS data. There are "types", and there are "class" fields. "Types" are the thing that SkyView cares about on (and to confuse things more, types can be "Class E", "Class X", etc. We formerly used the "class" field when it was available, but this caused many people to see erroneous "Class B/C/D" airspace where the more important thing was that it was an important controlled airspace like a TMA or CTR. So now, we use the "type" field to label airspace, which is where the TMA and other airspace information is stored. This is one of those things that is hard to solve for everyone worldwide simultaneously with the data encoded the way it currently is. We suggest that you send a note to PocketFMS reporting the issue using their online reporting tool: http://navfarm.pocketfms.com/2-ContactAirmarshal.asp.

malko05

I am still waiting for Class E declutter OFF available on my Skyview map.
Currently the best way for many pilots is to have Dynon 180 and AvMAP. Skyview is not a good way.

You have "Map items" Class E declutter OFF and this item is not working at all.....
A little bit disappointed!
best regards
François gahide

malko05

Hello

I am still try to declutter class E airspaces on my moving map skyview. Unable to do that with " item map."
Pocketfms says that is your job, and you said contrary...
Very desappointed
Truly
François Gahide