Two Suggestions

N941WR

Two suggestions for enhancements:

1. Can you add a "Flight Path Offset"? When flying a course via the Autopilot, it would be nice to be able to offset the course centerline a given distance, say anywhere from 1/4 mile to five miles. This would be helpful when flying to a common destination with a friend or, if ATC allows, to sidestep slower traffic going to the same waypoint. The challenge will be when you get close to the waypoint and the two flight paths have to merge. (Suggested by a friend who flies behind an AFS.)

2. This is a feature on my 496 that I used every flight, when hand flying, and would love to see it as an optional display on the SV!!! I set a small display box on the 496 to tell me how many degrees left or right to turn to stay on course. For example, I would put the same course in both my SV and the 496. The 496 would display "2L", "1R", "0", etc. In order, this means, turn left two degrees, turn right one degree, don't turn, you are on course. When hand flying, especially hand flying approaches, this helps keep me right on the magenta line. I have found this is much easier to interpret than a course heading.

Thanks and others, please let me know what you think of these suggestions.

swatson999

I think that's a lot of fiddling around when, especially for the case of flying with a friend to a common destination), you should have your eyeballs looking *outside*.

N941WR

I think that's a lot of fiddling around when, especially for the case of flying with a friend to a common destination), you should have your eyeballs looking *outside*.
I would normally agree, especially when flying close to each other but not when on long flights and you are a mile or two apart.

Also, if on an AP, it is easy enough to watch for traffic.

Last edited: