Two sv-com-panels

Danerazz

Can two SV-Com-Panels be installed and work “parallel”?

I’m thinking pilot and co-Pilot side units to control one com radio.

The pilot side is when I’m by myself
The co-Pilot is for when I’m with my wife (we frequently fly like a two-person crew: one flies the other manages coms, etc.). This would be in an older Baron with limited panel layout due to the power quadrant splitting the panel in half.

I’d like to install the screens on either side instead of the recessed screen over the power quadrant like the example Baron.

For that matter, two SV-AP-panels

Last edited:

Carl_Froehlich

The short answer is yes. The longer answer is you will need to add a double position, three throw switch. The switch would transfer pins 4, 5 and 6 between the two control modules. One position is pilot has control, the other is co-pilot has control of the radio.

Carl

Danerazz

Okay, I was thinking it would just be a SV-NET connection and perhaps the system would “figure it out” as a parallel control.

They can use touch controls.

Carl_Froehlich

Okay, I was thinking it would just be a SV-NET connection and perhaps the system would “figure it out” as a parallel control.

They can use touch controls.
I suspect it can’t hurt to try.

On my switch thought, I’m now thinking this would be a PITA as the SkyView will be giving you error messages about loosing a module when you shifted.

Perhaps the best answer is to install two full SkyView radios!
Carl