uAvionix AV-30-C to replace D10A?

Mooney231

Does anyone know if the AV-30-C could legally replace the D10A as a standby flight display in a certified airplane? The AV-30-C itself is certified as a primary flight display and the information presented on the AH page of the AV-30-C is the same as the D10A. Love HDX, not so much the D10A - the AV-30-C would be an upgrade.

Anyone hear an update on the Mooney AP certification? Been waiting a long time...

Rhino

The D10A is the only approved standby display in the STC. Whether you could do something with a 337 or not, I have no clue.

Mooney231

That makes sense from Dynon's perspective and I don't think the AV-30 existed when the STC was developed. The 337 might be something to look into - I'll ask the avionics guys I use. With all the panel space that HDX saves, there is room to add an AV-30 and leave the D10A where it is.

CanardMulti

It would cost the price of both, but unless the certified STC say exactly where the D10A has to be mounted, you could put it on the right side of the panel in front of the right seater, and mount an AV-30 where it would best fit into your scan were your HDX to actually have a problem in flight.