Unusually bad attitudes/Uncommanded roll revisited

Polaris

Seasons greetings all. Lately I am getting uncommanded rolls introduced by my AP. The D100/D120/AP74 suite has always functioned perfectly, and I have not altered any parameters nor changed my flying techniques. The roll occurs in level unaccelerated flight, in all lateral modes, and approximately once an hour. This was a topic some time ago on the forum, and I am hoping collective accrued wisdom can lead to a quick fix.   Rgds Mike.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
This isn't something we have really heard of, so a few questions:

1) Is the roll axis still engaged after the upset?
2) Have you checked that your shear screw is not broken?
3) This happens even when using HDG mode? Happens when flying a GPS flight plan as well?
4) Are you getting a slip indication on the screen?
5) Is the plane well trimmed in roll after the upset?

Polaris

Thanks for your response. 1. The roll axis remains engaged during the divergence. The bank is always to the right. I disengage the AP when it exceeds around 45 degrees bank. 2. I have not been able to check the shear pin yet, will report back when I have. 3. It happens in all roll modes incl. HDG and NAV when slaved to my Garmin 695 unit. 4. I cannot recall ever having seen a slip indication on the screen. Next time it occurs I will specifically check for that. 5. The plane is in trim around the roll axis at all times.

The only other abnormality exhibited in the past is a disconnect of the AP during periods of long radio transmission... in excess of 30 seconds when reading back an IFR clearance for example.

Rgds Mike.

Polaris

Update. Shear pin is not broken. Slip indication does not appear on divergence. Flew today and same behavior. Always to the right and in all lateral modes. Seems to be trying to pick up a HDG or TRK to the right and continues to diverge. Plane is always in trim and not turbulence induced. Wassup with this? Happy New Year, Mike.