Upgrade to 3.3

cmarbach

I would like a little better direction on how to upgrade from 3.2 as an "expert". If I only download the files that have changed, is the update procedure with the Skyview the same?

preid

install the latest firmware per the instruction below the firmware download:
Download new files to your PC.
Transfer the files to a USB stick. Files must be in the "root" of the USB stick. In other words, they can not be in a folder or directory.
Power up your SkyView.
Insert the USB stick into a SkyView USB port.
Use the SkyView Setup Menu to load the new files.
Reboot SkyView.

Same applies to the databases every 1-2 months

cmarbach

I know that. I asked, is there any difference in doing the "Quick"/"expert" upgrade? There appear to be two different files you can download. If you download "only the changed files" is he upgrade procedures still the same?

PeterBain

Once you have downloaded the files onto the Skyview should you remove the USB stick before you reboot or should you leave the stick connected?

mmarien

Murray M.
Carl - The firmware file is the same in both places. If one of the other files is affected by the update I believe it will be mentioned in the quick update section. Personally I scan through the full update once in a while to make sure I have the latest files.

Surfboy - Skyview reboots in normal mode so it ignores the USB stick (except for screen shots) so leaving it connected won't affect anything. My USB stick spends a lot of time plugged in.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Carl, the update file and procedure are exactly the same. The idea was if your SkyView was current with all other files, that is just a quick link to the updated firmware only.

PeterBain

After you have loaded the files and you get the screen back with the red crosses on I take it you have to reboot manually ie Skyview does not reboot automatically?

preid

I did not have this issue, except on the other screen that required I load the firmware there after the first screen was completed.
You should have seen a RTIO load, than EMS than ADAHRS than it should have rebooted- automatically. Mine came back seeing everything.
If it did not, than it needs a NETWORK SETUP/ CONFIGURE
it should find everything for you and load it up.
red X means that hardware did not get upgraded.

mmarien

Murray M.
I think the red X means it not seeing the ADAHRS (PDF page) or GPS (MAP page) or EMS (ENGINE page. Are they connected? That may be why it's not rebooting. It doesn't have any devices to update.

PeterBain

After i rebooted manually the red crosses went away and everything was back to normal working perfectly