USB connector on main wiring harness

lalnaes

According to the documentation, the wiring harness has a USB port with 3 foot leads. Questions related to this:
  • Would you normally use this connector for firmware upgrades?
  • Is it suitable for panel mounting or would you normally just let it hang loose?
  • Is it powered (5 volt) so that it can be used to for instance charge a cell phone?
  • In the Installation Guide, section 4-6 Figure 18, there's a drawing of the back side of the SV-1000 which shows a blank connector where I assume there should be one or two USB connectors. Can you confirm this?
  • Does it matter which USB connector is used for firmware upgrades, the one on the harness or the one on the back of the SkyView panel?

n223rv

There is the wired USB and 2 USB ports on the back of the SkyView. Any can be used for updates. The USB wire does not have any panel mounting capabilities, therefore I actually removed mine and purchased a panel mount version that I plugged into one of the hard ports on the back. I believe they are powered, but haven't tried to plug in my iPhone to see if it would charge. Maybe I will in a few minutes and reply back.
-Mike

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
  • yes
  • either way
  • it is a standard usb port, so you COULD; These are primary flight instruments, though, so given that not all devices are the best USB citizens, we're not saying that you SHOULD though. Any device that is looking to talk to a computer is going to be dissapointed.
  • yep
  • nope