USB Ports Question for Dynon support.

n97kd

I love flying!
When I designed my panel layout for my dual SkyView I fashioned the remote USB ports to be flush behind my glove box door. I figured they would be neatly out of sight and accessible for software updates and sensor downloads. I figured I would use the ports on the back of the units for the charts and maps.
Well I missed the little note in the instructions that there can't be more than one memory stick in the unit. The little Cruisers sticks won't fit behind my glove box door.
Any chance there could be a software update that would allow USB selection capability so the drive can be left in?

Thanks

Don

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Don, I know you said they wouldn't fit, but I want to double check that we are talking about the same USB flash drives, like http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005FYNSZA/ref=cm_sw_su_dp   Could you recess the connectors back a little further to allow them to fit behind the glove box door?

Clarifying another point, you can use the same USB stick to load the software updates as well as store the maps and charts.  The charts and maps should be updated on a regular basis (every 28 days), so it is nice to have easy access to the USB drive. You do have to remove the stick that has charts on it to update it on your PC so you can't leave it in the back of the screen forever and update it from another device.

In summary, you only need one USB stick to do everything. It is nice to have easy access to it, so modifying your glove box location might be worthwhile.