Use of 2 EFIS-D10A units

Hombre

I would like to use two EFIS-D10A units in the same plane.  Can these two units share any of the same external remote devices to achieve at least similar display outputs?  Please make recommendations on how I can best utilize the two units together.

Thanks,
Hombre

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We have a network we call DSAB. Hook two wired up between the two units, and they will share data. Your baro setting, bugs, and other things will be synchronized between the units, and the main unit will share it's GPS or NAV connection to the second unit.

Hombre

Thank you.  How do I order one?  It doesn't appear to be listed by this name (DSAB) on the order form.

Thanks,
Hombre

Brantel

There is nothing to buy, you must make up the connections between the two...

Hombre

What about the pneumatic fittings?  Can I just tee the appropriate lines together between the two EFIS-D10A units, using the single heated AOA/pitot?

Thanks

DBRV10

Yes you tee the static and pitot lines and that will do the job fine.

Download the manuals from here
http://www.dynonavionics.com/docs/support_documentation.html

Under EFIS D10A there is a pilot guide and an installation guide.

The DSAB network is simple and uses a twisted pair.

Hombre

Well I got both my EFIS-D10A units upgraded to software version 5.1.1, no problems.  After all these years I finally was able to button up the dash panel and began configuring my DSAB but now there appears to be a new glitch.  Button number 1 (farthest button on the left) on the EFIS I planned to use as the master bus appears to be a dead button.  Button #1 doesn't seem to do ANYTHING when I press it.  I have never even used either of these two units in flight yet. This particular unit was originally purchased as an EFIS-D10 then was sent back to Dynon for the EFIS-D10A upgrade several years ago. Now what?

Thanks

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If the left button really doesn't work (will it power it on off an internal battery if you have one?), then the only option is to send it back to us for repair. Give us a call or email us at support {at} dynonavionics.com to get an RMA# for return.