Using the new Autopilot trim with VPX

molljw

I have my trim servos wired to the VPX. How do I integrate the auto trim on the Skyview?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Auto trim requires our AP control panel and the trim to be wired to that module.

D

DHeal

I've got a SV-10 (w/ AP and ADS-B) in my RV-12 ELSA and I love it. Am I correct in understanding the following:

1. Conversion of my SV-10 to "touch screen" alone will NOT enable Auto-Trim?
2. To get Auto-Trim, I MUST install the supplemental AP control panel module?

I am debating whether or not to upgrade to the "touch screen" or buy the two control panel modules.

Thanks for the input!
?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Correct: Other than the addition of the Touch features, the SV-D1000T is identical to the SV-D1000 in terms of features. The hardware to do auto-trim is in the Autopilot Control Panel itself, so it is required regardless of which SkyView display you have.

vlittle

There is no other way to get Auto Trim - you must have the AP Panel  :)

Jake J

Not quite, Jake. I developed an autotrim controller that does not require panel mounting. Available from Makerplane, called the M-PWR-2AT. Was actually introduced before the Dynon version was released.
http://makerplane.org/?page_id=1915

Admittedly not as tightly integrated as the Dynon version, but will function as a speed-scheduled trim controller even with an EFIS failure and can be buried in the airframe.

Needs only a pushbutton and a lamp for configuration and stuck trim fault recovery.

Vern