Using various headsets with Dynon Intercom

WA85

I love flying!
I have a Dynon intercom and SV-COM-425 in my RV-8. I have tried various combinations of headsets (David Clark, Lightspeed Zulu, Sigtronics, Peltor) and found that David Clarks seem to work the best having the clearest audio and lowest squelch required for VOX and that the Zulu's are the worst with almost unreadable audio between the two headsets. Squelch adjustments (radio or intercom) seem to have little affect on this. Is there an adjustment that can be made to make different headsets work better with each other and with the Dynon intercom or is it just the that each headset has its own mic impedance and may not work well in combination regardless of adjustment? Overall my entire Dynon Skyview system is fantastic.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Is audio quality different when you're transmitting vs just talking over the intercom? If it doesn't, we may want to take a look at your intercom. Can you follow up with our technical support team directly at 425-402-0433 or support at dynonavionics dot com so we can get a better idea of what you're seeing (or hearing, as it were)