Vari-eze installation

Youngmic

Hi Guy's

I am just about to place an order for your EMS D 10 system and I have few questions.

1 Any Vari eze owners may help here, I am 1500 miles from my aircraft and I can't quite remember the length of the extended harness I need. From memory 18', can anyone confirm.

2 Will std length CHT/EGT leads from the probes suffice if I have the main harness/loom of extended length, ie. do the probes join the main loom or do they run from probe to instrument?

3 Another way of saying much as above which leads/looms need to be of extended length for the Vari-eze pusher configuration?

4 Any thoughts on pressure loss with the 201 B fuel flow transducer installed in a 2' head pressure gravity feed system as on the Vari-eze.

Thanks in advance
Mick

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We can answer one of these definitively:

2) You'll need longer harnesses for both the CHT/EGT harness and the main EMS harness. We don't make custom lengths ourselves, but our harness supplier (and one of our dealers), www.steinair.com, can help you directly.

4) Not sure about the pressure loss. The pressure loss for the 201B is only spec'd at 60 GPH (4.8psi drop) and 30 GPH (1.2 psi drop). We've heard that the 231 is popular for gravity-fed airplanes, but we do not currently stock this model, though it will work with our systems.