VHF Radio Hash noise when Skyview switched on

roblon

I am experiencing a loud hash (similar to squelch) noise on my ICOM-A210 radio when the Skyview is turned on. The noise is loud and annoying. I reported this to the Australian Dynon distributor who sold me suppressors which has made some but not much difference. Turn the Skyview OFF and the radio is perfect.

Can anyone help?

jakej

Rob

Sold ?? you the filters, in my book they should be free ;)

Where did you fit them?

Did you change the squelch settings in the Icom ?

you can pm me if you like. ;)

Jake J - in Oz

davestephens

I have the same thing (Garmin SL40) you can hear the Skyview "boot up" and the noises change as the screen changes?

Dave

rob@mum.edu

I love flying!
I just got a A210 ICOM at Oskhosh, installed it and I have the same problem with hash as Rob and Dave above. The radio works perfectly but hash starts only when my Dynon Skyview is turned on and stops when I turn it off. I installed the filters from Dynon. Only a slight improvement. When I disconnect my antenna the hash stops. I've been told that in this case the noise is comming in through the antenna not the power wires. I disconnected my Skyview GPS near my com antenna. No change. Anyone have any other ideas?
Robert

cperry

I had to install the filters from Dynon, and get the A210 updated to the latest firmware to make it usable. Now that I've done both of those and added a noise cancelling headset, the radio couldn't be more clear.

Chris

cperry

The A210 had to go back to Icom for the firmware update...troublesome here in Canada, as the US units need to go back to Icom USA...Icom Canada won't do the update on a US unit.