VOR CDi with IFD540

Becky Anderson

New Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2023
Messages
2
Hello,
I am an amateur here but just did a full HDX install with the IFD 540 and trio auto pilot in a
PA28 R200.
Everything seems to be functioning great right until I try and pull up a VOR or a ILS approach..
Today it appeared that it locked onto an ILS approach. I had a CDI that was giving me direction, but I never got a glideslope indicator? I am lost. I’ve double checked wiring. I’ve been on the phone with Avidyne for hours. It’s got to be something stupid simple I’m missing.
Cliff notes
My CDI works great with a GPS flight plan from the 540
But I try and lock onto a ILS and I never receive glideslope information? Also, I try and dial up a VOR and don’t get any CDI educators at all.
I am super lost!
 
What is your nav source selected to on the 540?
Is VLOC source green on the upper right of your 540 screen when you are attempting VOR/ILS?
 
Ok so a little development today we were able to get glideslope alive on a Rnav approach
Yes, we have been switching the upper right hand corner between GPS , VLOC and I can’t remember the other settings. I did switch something up in the Dynon earlier today. That might’ve been the breakthrough we’re going to go try to shoot a ILS tomorrow
 
Ok so a little development today we were able to get glideslope alive on a Rnav approach
Yes, we have been switching the upper right hand corner between GPS , VLOC and I can’t remember the other settings. I did switch something up in the Dynon earlier today. That might’ve been the breakthrough we’re going to go try to shoot a ILS tomorrow
I currently am able to use the Dynon and the IFD 540 for RNAV approaches but when I do an ILS approach, I get only the CDI and no autotuning or GS display and these are set to on using the IFD 540 setup.
 
Did you get it to work?
I currently am able to use the Dynon and the IFD 540 for RNAV approaches but when I do an ILS approach, I get only the CDI and no autotuning or GS display and these are set to on using the IFD 540 setup.
Did you get it to work?
 
Back
Top