Where are the PIREPS?

Flying_Monkey

v16 for certified gives options for Pireps. It is selected. Where should I be seeing them and what do they look like? Foreflight showed a few Pireps today. I couldn't find them anywhere on the HDX.

Rhino

Never seen it personally, but PIREPs should show on the map when you enable weather information in IN-FLIGHT MENU > WEATHER OPTIONS.

Flying_Monkey

Never seen it personally, but PIREPs should show on the map when you enable weather information in IN-FLIGHT MENU > WEATHER OPTIONS.
Yes that’s what I mean. It is selected but I don’t see them anywhere. I see traffic and everything else I would expect.

spectre6573

They are there. You have to zoom out on the map and you will see little icons around the maps and you tap on them to see what the pirep is. Flying in your next of the woods with winds or turbulence in the last three weeks I have seen them here and there. Not to many though but ForeFlight is showing the same in my case.

Flying_Monkey

Do they show up over sectional or topographic or IFR or all of them? It’s weird I didn’t see any and I zoomed to several levels.

RV8JD

Where should I be seeing them and what do they look like? Foreflight showed a few Pireps today. I couldn't find them anywhere on the HDX.
This is what they look like on the Experimental SkyView Touch (v16.0.8). Screenshots taken today.

Touching the PIREP icon highlights the icon and brings up a small information block on the map. In this case it was a Low-Level Windshear (LLWS) PIREP, hence the wind icon.

i-wMRhZqM-L.png

Touching the small PIREP information block (shown in the screenshot above) brings up a more detailed/decoded info block:

i-skx4zTv-L.png

Last edited:

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Yep, as of 16.0.1 or later (Feb 2021) for experimental, and 16.0.8 for certified (Dec 2021)