Wiring Intercom?

Mark P.

Visit my builders log at www.ZenithOwner.com
With the premade Dynon intercom harness, how do I know which wire goes to which tab on the Phones and Mic jacks? There's a blue, red, and yellow wire inside the shielded cable. No where I can find in the instructions does it say, "blue wire is pin X, yellow wire is pin Y, etc..."

Does anyone know?

Mark P.

I need help with a couple of wires. Using the chart on page 11 of the SV-INTERCOM-2S manual (link posted above), I see that the White wire inside the shielded cable of the RADIO AUDIO INPUT goes to Pin 2 on the SV-COM-T25. Easy!

Inside the same shielded cable is a White/Blue wire that the chart indicates should go to GND.

My question is, how do I connect that to ground? Meaning, is there a pin on the D-25 connector on the SV-COM that I can connect it too?

I'm not sure what to do with this wire. The RADIO MIC OUT has the same situation: the Blue wire goes to GND also. Is there another pin on the D-25 I can connect that to that is a ground?

Thank you!

Once this is done, the entire panel is wired and DONE!!

Rhino

1717270279181.png

Does this help? This diagram assumes the central ground point for your audio system is at the intercom. Click the image for full size.

Rhino

Looking at it now, I guess I should have cleaned that diagram up a little better when I adapted it from the original Dynon diagram. The connections are good, but there's a few zigs and zags I could have taken out. I'll post a new one if I get around to doing that.

Rhino

Okay, it was bugging me, so I fixed the zig zags.

1717277930246.png

Rhino

Is that what you needed, Mark, or was it something else?

Mark P.

Rhino, thanks for posting. Sorry I was away for a while and I'm back to working on the plane. Let me study the drawing that you posted and see if it clears it up for me!

I only have one radio so I'll print out the drawing and delete all the second radio references just to make it easier to read!

Rhino

The only difference for one com would be the wire from pin 12 on the intercom would go directly to pin 15 on the radio, instead of through a switch.