Wiring schematic.

Setthrust

I want to be clear that there are no differences in pin outs and or wiring configuration betwe the Skyview D1000 and the HDX.
On the documentation page the install guide refers to both the HDX , Touch , Classic. However in the drop down box below that under schematic it only refers to the HDX system?

any input would be appreciated as i am going about this wiring very slow as to not make any mistakes.

thank you

CanardMulti

IIRC, Dynon advertises the HDX as a drop in replacement for the Classic and Classic Touch screens. That would seem to indicate at least the wiring was the same. The set up pages might have minor differences though. A call to tech support should get you a definitive answer in short order.

One thing to be wary of: Dynon is a bit casual in their choice of designating which connections should be shielded twisted pairs. I ran into this when I built my first harness for adding an IFD540 to my SkyView system. The Dynon install manual schematic depicts the ARINC data lines between the SV-ARINC-429 and the IFD540 as plain, UNshielded connections. I later noticed the analogous schematic in the Avidyne install manual shows those same ARINC data lines as shielded twisted pairs. I discarded that first harness and rebuilt it with the more conservative shielding, and chalked up the wasted effort to learning curve.

Ken

Last edited: