Dynon SV-ADSB-472

skysailor

I have the GPS 250 feeding my Skyview system with the ADSB 472. You do not need the GPS 2020 or another certified GPS source in the system for the ADSB 472 to function properly. There is no direct connection from the GPS antenna to the ADSB module. Each connect to the Skyview.

GalinHdz

The ADSB-472 is an ADSB IN device so you can use the SV250 to receive limited ADSB data. You can NOT use the SV-250 as the GPS source for ADSB OUT. For that you must use the SV-2020 or another ADSB compliant GPS.

:cool:

kellym

I love flying!
The ADSB-472 is an ADSB IN device so you can use the SV250 to receive limited ADSB data. You can NOT use the SV-250 as the GPS source for ADSB OUT. For that you must use the SV-2020 or another ADSB compliant GPS.

:cool:
AFAIK the GPS-250 only drives the Skyview screen, and the ADS-B-472 gets all of the ADS-B IN information. The only link between the two is where traffic or weather is displayed on the screen. What GPS is used for ADS-B OUT is a different issue, and must be compliant with the reg requirements, whether a GPS2020 or a certified panel mount GPS. I use GPS-250 to drive my screen that gives all IN information, while using a GTN-650 to drive the OUT through the 261 transponder. Works fine. The ADS-B IN information is not limited by using the GPS250 to drive the screen display, as the GPS does not receive any ADS-B information, just GPS position, track, speed and altitude.

GalinHdz

AFAIK the GPS-250 only drives the Skyview screen, and the ADS-B-472 gets all of the ADS-B IN information. The only link between the two is where traffic or weather is displayed on the screen. What GPS is used for ADS-B OUT is a different issue, and must be compliant with the reg requirements, whether a GPS2020 or a certified panel mount GPS. I use GPS-250 to drive my screen that gives all IN information, while using a GTN-650 to drive the OUT through the 261 transponder. Works fine. The ADS-B IN information is not limited by using the GPS250 to drive the screen display, as the GPS does not receive any ADS-B information, just GPS position, track, speed and altitude.
That is EXACTLY what I said: "You can NOT use the SV-250 as the GPS source for ADSB OUT. For that you must use the SV-2020 or another ADSB compliant GPS." ;)

In your particular case you don't have limited ADSB data IN because you have a compliant ADSB OUT (GTN-650) driving a transponder. Without that you would get ADSB WX but only the ADSB traffic sent to an airplane close to you. That is, if there is an ADSB compliant aircraft flying nearby and the traffic you display can be very misleading.

Last edited: