VPX licence disappeared

peter9545

I love flying!
A report on an issue I encountered.

Today my VPX licence disappeared. It was there yesterday but I realised it had disappeared when I investigated why my flap position widget no longer appeared on my D1000, replaced by a red X where it used to be and the hint 'CFG?'

After some investigation, and then searching my email I located the key entered it and all was well again.

During the 'outage' the VPX continued to function, it had just lost connectivity to the D1000 most probably because it could no longer find the licence key.

I do not yet know what caused this, I have noticed my main battery is begining to lose its potency which causes a noticeable voltage drop when cranking the engine, so maybe it's that.

I shall keep it under observation and report if it happens again and what I have to do to fix it.

peter9545

I love flying!
The issue has not reappeared since. I also replaced my battery, though I don't see how that could be a source of the issue.

rjones560

A report on an issue I encountered.

Today my VPX licence disappeared. It was there yesterday but I realised it had disappeared when I investigated why my flap position widget no longer appeared on my D1000, replaced by a red X where it used to be and the hint 'CFG?'

After some investigation, and then searching my email I located the key entered it and all was well again.

During the 'outage' the VPX continued to function, it had just lost connectivity to the D1000 most probably because it could no longer find the licence key.

I do not yet know what caused this, I have noticed my main battery is begining to lose its potency which causes a noticeable voltage drop when cranking the engine, so maybe it's that.

I shall keep it under observation and report if it happens again and what I have to do to fix it.
Do you have the backup battery for the D1000

rjones560

A most odd occurrence. Perhaps some goofy thing happened with a software upgrade. I have a VPX Pro in my RV10 and never had any problems with the interface in 330 hours so far.