2nd screen EMS issue

n223rv

I have a 2 screen SkyView system, and one side stopped picking up some of the data today. The pilot side EMS works fine, the copilot side receives some inputs (fuel flow, rpm, tach, Hobbs) but nothing else. The rest of the instruments are X'ed out and say CFG....

I tried wiggling the connectors, etc, no luck. I checked the network config and it shows the EMS online.

Any ideas?
5e759641.jpg

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It looks like that display is also not seeing the autopilot. Had you changed any configuration items or things in setup between when it last worked and when it didn't? In any case, here's the first thing to try:

On the display that's not currently working right, reset the tail number to DYNON. Then, from the display that IS working correctly, do a network configuration. That should pull all of the settings from the good display to the bad display, save for the ones that are under SETUP>LOCAL DISPLAY STEUP. In particular, the serial port settings are ones to double check.

If this doesn't work, there's some settings importing and exporting that may also do the trick.

n223rv

Actually the AP was switched off for this picture. After I landed I rebooted and took this picture. I don't recall if it shows or not, but it still worked from the pilots side screen.

I don't recall making any configuration changes between flights, just updated the nav data.

I will try your suggestions and respond back tonight. Thank you
-Mike Kraus

n223rv

Dynon, tried what you said above a couple of times, but it did not fix the problem. I reset the tail number to DYNON on the display not detecting most of the EMS data. After the network config, it changed back to my tail number, but the display still doesn't detect the EMS data.

It is detecting the Autopilot, I just had the servos powered off in the a I've picture.

What shall I try next?
Thank you
-Mike Kraus
N213RV RV-10 Flying

ibisaero

I have the same problem but with both screens!Randomly for one seccond or two the sensors come to life and after the red crosses show on the EMS .

Attachments

• PICT1246p.jpg
    PICT1246p.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 94

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
I have the same problem but with both screens!Randomly for one seccond or two the sensors come to life and after the red crosses show on the EMS.

This issue is usually a bad sensor "contaminating" the other sensor inputs. We suggest disconnecting each sensors from the SV-EMS-220 one at a time. If, upon disconnecting a particular sensor, the rest of the sensors start working normally, then you've identified the sensor that is malfunctioning or is incorrectly wired.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
On second thought, that may also indicate a problem with the EMS module. Gen in touch directly with tech support for some more detailed help on this one.

n223rv

So what shall I try next? My 1 screen works fine, my 2nd does not. You me tioned something about settings importing and exporting??
-Mike Kraus

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
So export your settings from your first (working) display, and then on the weird display, import the "sensor" file, then the "ALL" file, and then do a network configuration from the first display again. See if that helps.

n223rv

Thanks Dynon, that fixed it. Loaded screen 1 sensor and all files into screen 2. Works great again.
-Mike