3rd Party Oil Temp Sensor

RNicholson

I have an Oil Temp Sensor installed from my previous panel (MGL Extreme EFIS). It is really causing a problem to remove from my o-320. The top of the unit is too wide to allow a spanner between it and the wall of the housing and it's too close to the firewall to get a socket on.

Does anyone know if I can just use this sensor in the Dynon system?

This sensor doesn't match the one MGL sells. I get the feeling whoever installed the MGL couldn't get this off either and just left it there. It did work fine in the MGL up until this point.

Thanks

Attachments

• oiltemp.jpg
    oiltemp.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 51

PaulSS

I love flying!
What was the MGL configuration for the sensor? If it's an active sensor then it shouldn't be too much trouble. Look for the sensor set up in the MGL menu and find out if it says something like 0-5v or 0.5-4.5v.

It looks like it has one wire to it but I suspect you've taken one off the top of the sensor. That will make a difference to know if it's active or resistive.

RNicholson

What was the MGL configuration for the sensor? If it's an active sensor then it shouldn't be too much trouble. Look for the sensor set up in the MGL menu and find out if it says something like 0-5v or 0.5-4.5v.

It looks like it has one wire to it but I suspect you've taken one off the top of the sensor. That will make a difference to know if it's active or resistive.

This sensor has just one wire, though, my new Dynon sensor has just one wire also. I suspect they're both resistive? The MGL EFIS unit has already been removed unfortunately.