472 replacement?

swatson999

Any news on when we or how we can send in our older 472 boxes for replacement yet? I haven't seen ANY updates on the exchange program...be nice to at least have a target date for when this will happen, and some acknowledgement that we're in some sort of a line for a replacement unit.

akarmy

I love flying!
Any news on when we or how we can send in our older 472 boxes for replacement yet?  I haven't seen ANY updates on the exchange program...be nice to at least have a target date for when this will happen, and some acknowledgement that we're in some sort of a line for a replacement unit.

I dropped a note to the support email a couple of weeks ago. They are working through the list of everyone that has bought a 472 and are swapping them out as they have production runs ready. At the time there was about 100 above me on the list, so you can find out where you stand. Or maybe if you REALLY need the new one sooner they can work with you. I was fine waiting my turn.

swatson999

OK, thanks...I'll email them. I have my annual CI coming up in May, and if I can swap it out at that time, it'll save me the hassle of getting into the aft fuselage area twice (it's a giant pain in the rear and I dread doing it every year LOL!).

GalinHdz

I called DYNON today to ask about my replacement unit and they transferred me to somebody that couldn't answer the phone so I had to leave a message on the voice mail. As soon as I hear something back I will let everyone know. My plane goes into annual on May 31st and I would like to know the status of my particular replacement so I can decide what to plan for.

:(

GalinHdz

FWIW: I got a call from DYNON a few hours later informing me that I should expect my new unit in about 1 month. They had my information and told me there was nothing to do on my part. Superb customer service like this is one of the main reasons I went with the DYNON equipment.

:D

mrdaud

Received my upgraded 472 on May 8th, installed, old unit returned. Haven't flown with it yet, due to really bad weather the last several weeks on the US east coast. Nothing but low clouds and rain! :p