5.5 to 5.6?

stevelindell

Are there any general improvements to the operation of the EFIS, EMS or autopilot in the 5.6 version? If my compass is accurate and I'm not changing engine senders, is there any benefit to making the upgrade? Everything is currently working very well and very stable.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Other than those two things (re-printed below from the release notes), there are no other changes between 5.5.0 and 5.6.0. So, as you've said, no reason to update if you're not using that particular engine sensor (unlikely - it's a rare one) and if your compass is calibrated well.

[EFIS] Fixed: Magnetic heading calibration no longer sensitive to flight attitudes that are signifigantly different than those experienced in level flight. This primarily resulted in less than optimal calibrations in some taildragger aircraft. Performance will not change until a heading calibration is performed after an upgrade to 5.6.0.

[EMS] Fixed: Sensor type 10 sensor characterization for UMA 1BX Oil Temperature sensors.

d10auser

I love flying!
Hmm, I don't have a tail dragger, but compass calibration is about the one thing thats not great on my D10A despite several attempts, so i will give the new software a go!

Good to see upgrades coming out for those of us using the older stuff :)