7" Vertical Display?

N

N941WR(Guest)

I plan on installing both the Dynon EFIS and EMS in my -9. (I’ve already installed the Dynion pitot tube.)

Since I’ve just test fitted the instrument panel for the first time I don’t know exactly where I’m going to install all of my instruments yet but I would like to know the following:

1)Can both the EFIS and EMS be mounted vertically? (I would like to avoid cutting the instrument panel supports in my RV-9.)
2)Can the units be interconnected like the older units so I can install one on the right side of the instrument panel?

Thanks for the help.
Bill Repucci
www.repucci.com/bill/baf.html

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Bill,
We do not currently support mounting the EFIS vertically. We don't sell the 7" EMS yet, so I can't say if we will support that when it comes out. We have considered adding this functionality, but it isn't being worked on quite yet.

The EFIS and EMS can be interconnected (D100 or D10A, any size to any size). Right now, only the EMS can disply EFIS data, but the EFIS will be able to do EMS data soon, and as you can see on some of our screen shots of the D100, we plan on allowing you to show some EMS data on the D100 while the EFIS is still displayed.

DansRV7

I just receive my EFIS-10A last month.
Would Dynon allow me to return it for credit for the D100?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We have a 30 day money back guarantee. If you received your unit less than 30 days ago, we will take it back as long as it is in like-new condition. I would suggest you call us as soon as you can to set up your return if this is an option for you.

Please be aware that your order for a D100 will be a normal order and you may not get your unit for a month or two depending on how many orders we have at the time you order.

Additionally, this offer only stands for customers that buy direct from Dynon. If you ordered your unit via a distributor, you will need to discuss with them your options as we cannot take back a unit that we did not sell directly.

N941WR

Bump.

Just checking in to see if this function (Vertical display) has been added yet.

Bill

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Vertical display continues to be a feature which we find interesting, but we have no specific plans to implement it in the forseeable future.