8.33 Radio Use In Europe?

sunfish

I love flying!
Does the European regulator accept the new radio as TSO approved even though the control head isn't TSO'd?

I'm hoping thee answer is yes and Australia will follow.

jakej

Sunfish

Re the OZ side of things - I have spoken to a guy at Airservices & they don't have 8.33 on their radar, it's just not needed here for the foreseeable future. Read that to be 15 + years ;)

Jake J

sunfish

I love flying!
Jake, my interest is not the spacing but the TSO. CASA require a TSO'd radio for entry into controlled airspace and I'm hoping that the new radio might satisfy them.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
EASA doesn't for CS-LSA aircarft and other similarly type-certificated aircarft, but for homebuilts and in other countries that have their own aviation authorities that have rules that govern other types of aircraft (like microlights and ultralights), it varies some. We don't have an authoritative list by country, but depending on where you are, we can put you in touch with our local dealers and partners that would be able to provide better advice for your locale and particular aircraft type.

jakej

Jake, my interest is not the spacing but the TSO. CASA require a TSO'd radio for entry into controlled airspace and I'm hoping that the new radio might satisfy them.

I'd like to know more because if that is the case there will be a lot of aircraft affected, especially the not TSo'd Microairs, Xcoms & Icoms IMO. ::)

Just had a thought - are you really talking TSO or the ACMA  http://www.acma.gov.au/Industry/Suppliers/Supplier-resources/Record-keeping/radiocommunications  approved equipment.  Their approvals have to be obtained before you can even think of getting radios TSo'd  ;)

Given the above & my understanding of the avionics regs, I'm not convinced of your assertion about controlled airspace & radios.  It's always been the case for IFR that aTso radio had to be fitted.  :) 

Can you PM me ?

Jake J

jefvervoort

EASA doesn't for CS-LSA aircarft and other similarly type-certificated aircarft, but for homebuilts and in other countries that have their own aviation authorities that have rules that govern other types of aircraft (like microlights and ultralights), it varies some. We don't have an authoritative list by country, but depending on where you are, we can put you in touch with our local dealers and partners that would be able to provide better advice for your locale and particular aircraft type.
How about Belgium
I'm quite sure that EASA approval is necessary for our homebuilt ( RV).
I would like to know for sure.
Is Dynon trying to have EASA approval.
Could Trig be helpfull?
Jef V.