91.227 compliance

n97kd

I love flying!
Dynon, I have a SkyView system with software 15.1 with your transponder I bought three years ago, it is fed by my Garmin 650 for GPS information, an ADSB 470 installed yet my setup page says I am not 91.227 compliant. One of your reps at Sun n Fun said all I need to do is install the firmware update for the transponder and I should be good to go. It still says "no". See attached shot of my setup page.
Is there something I am missing to make my system compliant?

Thanks
Don

Attachments

• IMG_2842.JPG
    IMG_2842.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 147

kurtfly

I love flying!
Looks like your GPS was not yet receiving a signal. The GPS needs to be outputting data in order to get "YES" with the compliance message. You will need to push your plane outside the hanger.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Also, is your GTN connected directly to the transponder's Direct Serial GPS Position Input (pin 3 on the transponder connector). If you use the SV-GPS-2020, SkyView passes GPS info along to the ADS-B Out function of the GPS. But if you're using an external source like the GTN, it must be connected directly.

Also, your GTN needs to be running one of the newer software versions that supports ADS-B+ format. The older "ADS-B" format isn't compliant.

n97kd

I love flying!
I checked it today with my plane outside receiving good satellite GPS data and it still says "no" for 91.227 compliance.

I checked my records on the wiring : my GTN650 is directly connected from pin 7 (RS-232 out 2) to pin 3 on my SVXPNDR-262.
The note on my SV setup page says my GPS data is misconfigured.
I also check for software updates for my GTN and there are no new updates available.

Any ideas?

Don

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I think that note means that the transponder isn't seeing the right format from your GPS. What format do you have that serial port set to on the GTN?

rkorff

I love flying!
Don, the pic of the set-up page is for the sky view. Support is asking you what is set up on the gtn-650 set-up page? It also must be set to Garmin ADS-B/ADS-B+.

kurtfly

I love flying!
Don,

Per the 15.0 SV install manual: You must set the RS232 output on your GTN to "ADS-B+" in order to be compliant. If you do not have that option in your GTN then you need a firmware update for the GTN.
See page 11-38, SV 15.0 Install.

n97kd

I love flying!
That was it Kurt! My GTN was set to ADS-B on the RS232 output. I changed it to ADS-B+ and now my system is compliant.

Thanks all for your suggestions.