A/P-Garmin 296 interface

Johnkerr

struggling to get any indication on D10A that data is available. HDG only option in menu. Tried 296 @ 4800 baud and 9600 baud, NMEA protocol. violet wire is to pin 5 on D9 connector to pin 22 on D25 connector.

suggested button sequence to troubleshoot?

John Kerr

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Pin 5 is nominally the ground on the DB9. Pin 3 is the one that goes to pin 22. Perhaps that's your problem?

If there's data there, and your serial ports are still set to auto baud and type (they would be if you haven't touched them), then you'd simply see the NAVSRC button on the HSI menu when data is available.

Johnkerr

the connection is to pin 3, typo not assembly error. i have made no changes to D10a settings, but have tried options on the 296. Still no joy on seeing the button on the HSI page.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Have you checked the end to end data continuity from the Garmin plug to the Dynon D25 using a multimeter?

Johnkerr

yes there is continuity end to end from garmin plug to pin 22 of the D25 connector.

Johnkerr

I guess I missed the reference to the blue wire. The documentation included a sheet from Garmin showing the violet wire data to NMEA and A/P devices and the blue wire going to Sounder.

Magenta message came up on HSI. Will fly in the day or two when we have still air.

Thanks Jake :)

Johnkerr

Blue wire provides track data, no indication of Nav/GPS when route is active. Normal, buttonology, or abnormal?

In flight test, track mode exhibits divergent oscillation similar to heading mode. Left to the point short of panic the lower left status would go err/err and could not be reset, "efis not bussmaster"

John

Johnkerr

flew for 30 minutes today with a/p held trk with no oscillation even in some light turbulence then in smooth air err/err appeared and no amount of reset efforts would bring back system. Error message was EFIS not buss master.

during the return to the airport intermittent indication of either pitch or roll servo coming back on line, one or the other randomly but not both until in the pattern when both came on line; off/off, and remained so through shut down.

Jake are going to send me some comments on the side?

John