Abrupt pitch variations

GWMotley

Experimental aircraft fan
Joined
Dec 20, 2015
Messages
17
Location
Colorado
I have tried twice to follow the published autopilot tuning guides. Even starting in simplified mode for roll axis the autopilot will pitch significantly up and down and am unable to begin tuning. Any thoughts guys on setup?
 
I have tried twice to follow the published autopilot tuning guides. Even starting in simplified mode for roll axis the autopilot will pitch significantly up and down and am unable to begin tuning. Any thoughts guys on setup?

Before anything else, on the ground, did you perform an autopilot servo test?
If so, I assume the test was successful?
 
Are you using the inner most hole on the servo arm that you can without over centre issues? If not do so.

Then check for slack or backlash in the control rods/cables etc. There needs to be hardly any.

Slack in a rod end or anywhere will drive you nuts :o
 
Back
Top